Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Small Things, Big Impact


It is the small things that make up the big things.  How often we forget that.  The brush of hands together, a quick hug just because you looked like you  needed one or a kiss goodnight because you just can't go to sleep until Mom kisses you goodnight.  While racing around trying to figure out how to get the laundry done, lunch packed or find a pair of matching shoes it is important to remember some of these "small" things that mean so much:
     a smile from across the room
     sharing the crayons with your brother
     singing a song together
     someone else cooking dinner
     talking to a friend
     waking up to a hot pot of fresh coffee
     a long, hot showers
     clean sheet day
     saying thank you
     kisses goodnight
     someone getting you a glass of wine
     having a shoulder to cry on

Make someone elses day and do something unexpected to make their day easier.  Let them know you are thinking about them and care about them with you actions not just your words.  It will come back to you two fold. 

This weekend I reflected on the above advise only to realize I am most definitely NOT doing that.  Besides reflect I made progress on the "Plans Have Changed" quilt.  I have the top pieced and just need to add the borders.  Since I can't figure out what I want it looks like a trip to the fabric store is needed!!!  I think I could get used to this designing as I go.  It is so opposite of my personality though.  Here is a peak of one of the layouts I didn't choose.  I laid out about 6 designs before I decided. 

heather m.

No comments:

Post a Comment