Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Motivation

It is Monday, likely Tuesday by the time I actually post this.  A lot of the blogs I follow post an updates of their design wall on Mondays.  I don't have an official design wall so I decided I would have "Monday Motivation".  it is very simple.  I post an update on where my projects are for the week and a motivational saying of some sort.

Step 1 - Status report of project.

Here is were my "Plans have Changed" quilt is.  I love the way this design is coming out.  I would like to do a 7 x 7 square.  I don't know about borders, backing or binding yet.  This one has literally been designed as I go.  I am just going to keep with that theme.  I love the way it looks almost like ripples on water.  It just seems o have so much movement.  Basically this is 2 batiks, with solid brown and a geometric patterned aqua.  I am going to try out some different patterns but this is my favorite so far.    

Step 2 - Motivational Part

It won’tOne day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop her off
And she won’t even know you're gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on
‘Cause it won’t be like this for long

- Darius Rucker, "It Won't Be Like This For Long"

Love them and hug them and rejoice in the time you are together.  It won't be like this for long.  Sometimes that seems so hard to remember.  Other times you just want to stop the clock. 

My happy boy
heather m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment