Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

"You Are Loved" and Focus Dory

Even though I have 3 quilts I need to finish I decided to start this one.  Sometimes, I just I want to work on something that is fun, new, and different.  This project has been FUN!  This was made using my new favorite technique, TUBE QUILTING!!!!



I have a tendency to start new projects before I complete the project I was working on.  I used to think it was because I liked to "multi-task".  In reality, I think it's because I have Oh-look!-Shiny-object! syndrome.  I do go back and finish up all the projects, they just get rotated.



I  think the best part of quilting is the story that is sewn into each quilt while they're being made.  Each quilt has aspects that are unique to the creator.  I'm not talking about the seams matching or fabric selections.  Each quilt has a piece of its creators heart sewn into it.



I have named this quilt "You Are Loved".  When it is complete I will write the story of how this quilt came to be, the meaning and what the inspiration was.  As a teaser though this small quilt is being made for a baby girl.  A baby girl that I see as being brave, illuminated and compassionate.

So, I used 3 yards of fabric so far this week!  I also got a new 15" square ruler!  It is AWESOME!  Who knew there was so much cool thing for quilting.  I love rulers!



Let me know what you think of the new design.


heather m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment