Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Piece of History

If it was my last day on Earth, treat it like my first.
Go out the way I came in.
So innocent, so pure, with no thoughts of insecurity
Live life to the fullest, be what I want to be.
     ~ Wyclef Jean, "Heaven's in New York"

One persons trash is another persons treasure. I believe that is how the saying goes.  That is exactly what happened to me this week.  My neighbor cleaned out her craft room and called to see if I would like any of her discarded fabrics.  So I of course said I would be right over!


Along with various fabrics she was also getting rid of this small quilt.  This quilt was made from a 100 pound flour sack.  I have not idea how old it is or if it is even old.  I just thought it was too cute to let go.


I took it with me but haven't figured out what I am going to do with it either.  I was thinking about cutting it and making something else out of it.  I thought it was me SO SO SO cute as an apron.  I can cut off the faded red and add red binding all around it.


This will be a nice addition to my kitchen it I get to that project.  How many am I currently working on?!


No comments:

Post a Comment