Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Review

As usual it was a crazy weekend.  Not enough time and too much to do.  I did get a little bit bit of creating done.  I worked on BabyBull's quilting this weekend.  I can see how they say that you need 200 hours of free motion quilting to even get used to it.  I am on the 6th block and it is just now starting to remoting look like quilting.  It doesn't even look like the quilts you normally see.  I figured I had to start somewher though.  Here is a progress photo!  Looks like I just piled it up on the table and called it a day.



In addition I also went to a Groovy Girls meeting at the quilt shop I go to in Marietta, Tiny Stitches.  Needless to say we made these fabric fortune cookies.  MiniMoo, daughter, just thought they were the neatest things. I might make a few for her to take to school with her and pass out.  They are super easy and who couldn't use a fortune!



In addition to all that I have been planning out Christmas presents.  I have some of the best ideas this year.  I starting the purchasing for that this weekend too. 

I am still planning out the Halloween costumes for the kids too.  I always make MiniMoo's and this is not exception this year.  She is going to be a Pirate Kitty so I will let you know how that is progressing.  I know it will be a tutu type skirt with pink satin over it, high black boots, a kitten mask and tail. We are still working on the shirt and if she will need a glove, eyepatch, hook or parrot.  I think the parrot is a must but I can do without the rest of that stuff.  She is so excited and got a little upset that I hadn't started sewing it yet.  I have 1 month you know. 

So that is:
1 week to finish BabyBull's quilt
1 months for MiniMe's Halloween costume
2 months for Christmas presents
This sounds like it is all going to get done right!

1 comment: