Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Plans, Plans, Plans

Well, I am starting to see a trend... I just don't get a lot of sewing done on weekdays.  I guess that is what happens when you do A LOT of stuff.  However, even though I am not sewing I am working on plans for future projects.

Winter Wall Hangings - I am excited about this project.  I have been searching around the internet and haven't found anything like it yet.  Maybe I can make something that is a one of a kind.  I have been looking at fabric samples and graphing it out.  That is one of my favorite parts of quilting, graphing it out.  I think it appeals to the Engineer in me.  I love the effect that changing colors can make with a quilt pattern too.  This is going to be a hexagonal quilt so any tips would be greatly appricated.

Halloween Costume - Continuing my tradition I am sewing my daughter, MiniMoo's, Halloween costume.  My husband, continuing  his tradition, thinks it best to BUY a costume becuase it is cheaper...  apparently I have a tendency to go crazy with sequins fabrics and Halloween is the best excuse.
So, the plans have started.  She is going to be a "Pirate Kitty"!  I told her I was not making two so she combined the two things she wanted to be.  I am so excited about this costume.  I can't wait to show you the progress.  As of now I have planned a a pink satin with silver glitter dots short skirt with 5 layers of tulle as a petticote, a white peasant shirt, a sparkle vest that laces up the front, a bandana in her hair, and pirate boots.  I haven't figured out if striped or fishnets tights would be best and what to do to make the tail and ears for the cat look natural.  At this point it is looking like Puss in Boots joined the crew of the Black Pearl. 

Well, no photos tonight but I will try to get some sketches up in the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment