Why



i sew becuase it relaxes me...
all about me, my family and what we do.

live well. laugh often. love much. words to live by. but, what you may not realize is that those
sentiments are actually only a small part of a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley written
in 1904. The full poem can be found below.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

The magic in a child's eyes at Christmas always makes me cry.  I love to the look on their face everytime they see Santa, hear sleigh bells, and sing the wrong words to Christmas songs.  I love how important it is that they pick out the perfect present for grandparents and they get the icing and candy just right on the gingerbread house.  This time of the year always reminds me that people are kind, considerate, passionate, and full of surprises. 

Here is what we have been up to at our house!!!

I have finished 5 of the 20 blocks for the quilt I am making Rayne.  She told me they coming along great and she would like me to be done my March.  Ummmm, does she know how big this quilt is?!

<insert photo>

I am almost done with my quilt in oranges, reds, golds, and mustards.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt.  It looks even more amazing then I thought it would.  I am using veriegated thread for the first time and I think it adds a little more depth to the quilting.  I am still improving with my free motion quilting and this quilt really shows that.  It is amazing how much better I get just in doing it for a couple of hours.  Well, I am actually 10 hours into quilting and only have half done.

<insert photo>

I am also working on a new quilt block.  I started playing around with some jelly rolls strips I had left over from a couple of previous projects so I just sewed them together. And then I cut! And then I ironed!  And then I sewed those to some other fabric I had.  And then I cut! and then I ironed!.... And I hated it!

So, I headed to the fabric store with a quilting friend and we but our heads together and came up with a plan.  So I headed home.  Cut fabric!  Sew!  Iron! and here is the progress report for the first 12 blocks.


All I have to say is LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment